Greek Lamb Skewers with Tahini Sauce and Spinach Pie
A healthy version of traditional spinach pie teamed with greek style lamb skewers and tahini sauce make for a delicious meal, and some killer leftovers for lunches in the first half of the week! All the components are quick and simple to make, it usually takes me about 15mins to get the spinach pie in the oven, and another 15 to get the rest of it cooked and done. If you are looking for shortcuts you can buy pre-made skewers, just check what is in the marinade first, and Yalla make a delicious tahini dip without any nasties in it. You can serve this with sweet potato chips for a bit of colour (cut a kumera into chip sized pieces, lay on a tray, spray with olive oil and cook for 20mins at 200 degrees – bobs your uncle!). Enjoy!
500g frozen Spinach
1 onion finely diced
120g low fat ricotta
pinch of Mace (sub nutmeg)
1. Saute onion in a little olive oil until golden. Add spinach to pan and cook until defrosted and excess water has evaporated from the pan.
2. Mix eggs, ricotta, and mace into the spinach and onion mixture.
3. Chop fetta into small pieces and add to mixture.
4. Spread in baking dish and cook for 30mins at 180 degrees
500g lamb leg steaks/diced lamb
2 cloves garlic minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano (use 1tsp of dried if you don’t have fresh)
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl with the diced lamb. Toss to coat well. Let sit for 3-4 hours (or as long as you can)
2. Thread lamb onto wooden skewers and bbq until done.
1/4 cup tahini
1tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic (small)
salt & pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in small food processor and whizz! You may need to add more lemon juice or water to thin it a little.